header

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Foiled!

Sad news. Sound of Music is sold out until April 2007! I had really wanted to see that musical because it’s one of my favorite movies and the show is not on Broadway. Apparently, though, the show had a huge opening with rave reviews. And ever since, every show has been booked. Sad!

Part of the craze grows out of the fact that the lead was cast through a reality TV show called, “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?” The show started when plans to cast Scarlett Johansson fell through and producer Andrew Lloyd Weber was stuck for a new star. Now the whole country is up in arms about this girl.

I might try standing outside the theater an hour before show time on a matinee to see if anyone gets turned away. It reminds me of the good times standing for Wicked tickets outside the Pantages theater in LA with Dad. We didn’t get the tickets, but good memories still.

Well, tonight, Jodie Chang (from Punahou!) and I try to see Evita! And tomorrow I try to see Les Mis. The guy I called on the phone said there’s a good chance we’ll get into Les Mis on 25 pound last minute tickets, since it’s a Wednesday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home