header

Monday, December 04, 2006

The Beat Goes On





Quick entry because I'm about to go to sleep.

We got back from Barcelona late last night! Barcelona is a fabulous city. Everywhere you turn, there's amazing architecture--the shapes and colors are quite unlike anything I've ever seen. The climate was also a welcome change from the chilly London temperatures. On the last day, it was warm enough to go to the beach and sit on the sand in my tank top. The atmosphere is a bit like Hawaii's in that it's really laid back--probably even more than Honolulu (especially with the siesta they take during the middle of the day). Someone told me Barcelona is the densest city in the world, which was hard to believe, based on the wide open streets. What a nice city.

Tonight I retuned to the National Theatre, this time with Shann, to see Caroline Or Change. The score is awesome! Plus, every single actor had outstanding acting and singing abilities. The story is about a black woman in the year 1963 in the American south. The music is loaded with all those excellent gospel/soul riffs. Although I enjoyed the show thoroughly, I can't help but wonder what the American production is like. I bet American actors have more experience with gospel and soul music.

Tomorrow we're going to try to get into Sound of Music. It all depends on if there are any returned tickets....

Here's a picture from last Thursday when Xin and I went to Coram Boy--also at the National Theatre.





Ah, and a last pictorial taste of Barcelona. I haven't had time to go through my pictures and put up an album yet, but I'll work on that sometime. I have quite a lot of school work to do before I leave London!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home